Happy Wednesday! I have another recipe for you all today, as it is truly delicious, and a perfect meal to take to work, or school, etc. It does take quite a bit of time to cook overall, so perhaps you could do the dishes while waiting, or read a book. Regardless, it is definitely worth it, and definitely very filling. The quinoa and sweet potato will help you last until dinner! (or snacktime 😉 )
This recipe is similar to others I have seen, such as on the blog Sprinkle of Cinnamon, but with fewer ingredients, and more things I had in my own kitchen.
Enjoy! The pictures I have don’t do the meal justice. It’s too darn delicious to be photographed, I guess! (Also, this recipe makes six patties, but I may or may not have gobbled one up before taking pictures, hence the five seen above…)
Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties
*serves 3 (2 patties each)
- 1 medium sweet potato (white or orange)
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I would recommend sunflower or cashew)
- corn tortilla(s)
- cheese (if vegan, omit)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a baking sheet.
- Roughly chop the sweet potato, spread evenly on the baking sheet, and pop it into the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
- Whilst the sweet potato bakes, rinse the quinoa, and put it in, along with the 1/2 cup water, in a pot. Let it boil, then lower the temperature to low, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes, or until soft and fluffy.
- Once the sweet potato is soft, take it out of the oven, and mash it while still warm, for easier mashing. Combine the potato, cooked quinoa, onion, seeds and spices and mix until well combined.
- Respray your baking sheet. Using your hands or a spoon, shape the mixture into six even balls, and place them onto the baking sheet. Flatten them into patty shapes. Use water to smooth them if necessary.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on the bottoms.
- While they cook, place all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix. Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- Allow the patties to cool. Spread the dressing on the corn tortilla(s), and use the veggies and patties however you like on the tortillas.
Note: Feel free to experiment with the amount of spices you use, depending on if you prefer a heavier or lighter taste.